My special thanks to the patrons of my YouTube channel and Website, “Ham Radio Answers.” These patrons provide a fixed amount every month via my Patreon page. You can visit Patreon and become a patron yourself!Become a Patron!
Your name and photo can be here too!
Become a patron! Fund me at the level of $5 or $10/month or more via my Patreon page. (Please note that I am not a 501(c)3 organization and this funding is not tax deductible.)
Patrons at the $50/month level
Richard became a patron on 10 April 2018. Thanks Richard!
Patrons at the $20/month level
Bob Slovick, ADØHI, became a patron on 19 April 2017, and upgraded his patronage on 23 Aug 2017. Thanks Bob!
Justin Smith became a patron on 20 Feb 2019. Thanks, Justin!
Henry Young became a patron on 1 April 2019. Thanks Henry!
Patrons at the $15/month level
Tim Staley, K5TGSTim, K5TGS, became a patron on 1 Jan 2019. Thanks Tim! He writes, “I first became interested in radio when I was in high school through SWL with a Hallicrafters WR-1000 receiver. I am retired so I have plenty of time for radio activities. I enjoy public service events in North Texas, and belong to the Denton County Amateur Radio club. I also serve as weekly net control stations for the 7290 net on every Tuesday, the RV Radio net on Sunday evening and DMR on Texas Statewide every fourth Wednesday. My station includes an Elecraft K3s, KAP500 amplifier with their tuner. I also enjoy DSTAR and DMR.”
Patrons at the $10/month level
Melinda and Robert Koster
Melinda Koster, KG5NWD, and Robert Koster, KG5NWE, became patrons on 18 April 2017. Thank you for your support! When I told Melinda she’s my very first patron via patreon.com, she replied, “Hope you have a bunch more soon! We (KG5NWE and KG5NWD) almost have our HF rig and antenna up – working on CW as well. Wish there were more hours in the day to watch – you are very encouraging!”
Dave McKay, WB6EAR, became a patron on 2 Nov 2017. Dave writes: “Thanks for the videos! Your Tech and General series helped me pass my exams!! I have learned more from your channel than any others I watch on Ham Radio. About me ….. I was introduced to Ham Radio and Shortwave in the mid 70s but never had the ability to delve to deep into either one. Since then i have come across Ham several times but it wasn’t until recently that it came up again and I decided to go for it. I am interested in the entire hobby but most interested in QRP. I find it very interesting how you can send a small signal half way around the world and talk to someone else. I am somewhat limited so far. I haven’t figured out what kind of antenna to use for my shack. I am leaning towards a vertical so I can get the most bands possible with a single low profile antenna since I live in an HOA with a small patio between 2 buildings covered in stucco. For the moment I am somewhat relegated to handheld contacts. I have been listening to the WinSystem from time to time. I haven’t really spent much time on the air as yet. I am still learning about the hobby.”
David Whiteside, N9BSA
David writes: “Dave your video are great and i greatly appreciate your program I am just a Ham Radio that thinks your video and your sharing of knowledge is great. No need to put my name anywhere. I will tell you I was a MARS military operator since 68 and a Technician since 95 when I got tech lic. at the Boy Scout Jamboree. Last year I upgraded to general after watching your video and am working on my extra. 73’s N9BSA”
Vic Neshyba, W5IGVic became a patron on 25 Dec 2018. Thanks Vic!
Linwood Campbell, K2LLCLinwood became a patron on 23 March 2019. Thanks, Linwood! He writes, “My father-in-law got me interested in ham radio initially. I thought it might be something fun we could do together. While he never got past the listening stage, the ham radio bug got me! My primary interests are HF and DMR. I belong to the local club here in Central Virginia which provides communication for a number of local events including the Virginia 10 miler. Participants come from all over the world to run in this race. I belong to the “Joker’s Net” (weekday mornings 7:40 Eastern on 3.934) and am net control on Tuesday mornings. My station includes an Icom 7410, a Toyko Hy Power (low power version) amp, an Anytone 868 (using an OpenSpot2) and a Kenwood TH D72A along with assorted other stuff. For APRS I use either a Byonics TinyTrac with an Icom IC 2300 while in the truck, or the Kenwood 72A with a small amp while on my 2010 Honda Goldwing.”
Sean McGrath, W1SMM
Sean McGrath, W1SMM, became a patron on 6 July 2018 and upgraded to $10/month on 26 March 2019. Thanks Sean!
Dave Slotter, W3DJSDave Slotter, W3DJS, became a patron on 10 March 2019 and upgraded to the $10/month level on 21 April 2019. His QRZ page says, “I am a member of the Gwinnett Amateur Radio Society, North Fulton Amateur Radio League, FT8 Digital Mode Club, and life member of the ARRL. I was licensed as a general class operator in 2015. As of 2/2019, I am studying for amateur extra.” Thanks, Dave, and good luck with your studies for Amateur Extra!
Patrons at the $5/month level
Jerry Ryan, K8VGL
Jerry Ryan, K8VGL, became a patron on 1 April 2019. Thanks, Jerry! His QRZ page says, “I received my license in 1960 starting with the Novice as KN8VGL, upgrading through Technician, General and to Advanced that I held for 38 years before final up grade to Extra. I spent my early years on the VHF and UHF spectrum operating all modes, but primarily on 6 and 2 SSB. In 1966 I joined the USAF and spent 4 years in the Ground Radio field including a year in III Corp in Viet Nam. Since that time, my stations have been modest with hidden antennas because of covenants. I operate SSB, some CW and PSK31 on the low bands. Recently I have been trying out the other weak signal modes of WSJ-X. VHF activity is mostly FM on 6, 2 and 440. I am an active member of the Van Wert Amateur Radio Club making very few meetings because of the distance, but always operating in field day with the club. I participate when possible with Marion county ARES of Indianapolis assisting with the annual Mini-Marathon 500, Tour-de-Cure bicycle race and other activities. I retired in 2013 and now have more time for operating. I participate in contests such as Indiana QSO, ARRL VHF, Sweepstakes, and of course Field Day. Hope to meet you on the bands.”
Paul Barger, N7TZW
Paul Barger, N7TZW, became a patron on 11 March 2019. Thanks, Paul!
Mark Aiken, KI5DMA
Mark Aiken, KI5DMA, became a patron on 9 Mar 2019. Mark writes, “I was very interested in amateur radio when I was a teenager. I’ve kept an eye out for new information over the years, but never really pursed the hobby. Now, later in life I’ve got some free time to go after ham radio…. My first realization was that I’ve really been missing out on a lot of fun and radio advancements. I have to thank Dave for all his great videos—and special thanks for the license prep videos. They were foundational for my passing of my technician exam…. Now off to study for the General and watch more of Dave’s great videos there!” Thanks, Mark, and good luck with your studies!
Bill Woodward, W7DOC
Bill Woodward, W7DOC, became a patron on 25 Feb 2019. Thanks Bill!
Phil Bruce became a patron on 22 Feb 2019. Thanks Phil!
William Woodward became a patron, Thanks William!
Craig Kirkpatrick became a patron, Thanks Craig!
Brian Freshley became a patron on 17 Feb 2019. Thanks Brian!
Charles M. Mitchell, KN4QEH
Charles M. Mitchell became a patron on on 20 Feb 2019. He writes, “Just upgraded to Amateur Extra thanks to your instructional tutoring. It was a breeze. I’m a Dave Casler believer. My story is a lot like other folks on here. I have always wanted to get a Ham license; when I was young my dad tried to teach me the Morse code but it didn’t take (he was a radio op. in Korean conflict). I just wish I had started a lot earlier. I’ve wasted too much time. 73’s.” Thanks Charles!
John DiLiberto changed his patronage on 19 Feb 2019. John says, “Dave Casler’s exam prep series were a key component of my preparation for the three amateur radio exams I sat for and passed in 2016. Even the Extra Class license is merely a foundation for the discipline of radio communication, and KE0OG has continued to edify me by sharing his deep expertise in his Ask Dave! series. I like to give where I am blessed, and am honored to be one of Dave’s supporters here on Patreon.” John is also an avid Prepper. Many thanks, John!
Elwood Downey, WB0OEW
Elwood Downey, WBØOEW, Amateur Extra, upgraded his patronage on 1 July 2017. Thanks Elwood!
Jack R. Dempsey, WB7VTT
Jack R. Dempsey, WB7VTT became a patron on 30 July 2017. Thanks Jack!
Ronald Terrell, KK6URQ
Ronald Terrell, KK6URQ became a patron on 31 July 2017. Thanks Ronald!
Rick Hubbard, KI6VOS
Rick Hubbard, KI6VOS became a patron on 1 Aug 2017. Thanks Rick!
Donald Gover, VA6DLG
Donald Gover, VA6DLG became a patron on 24 Aug 2017. Thanks Donald!
Emil Bohme, ZS1XB and 9G5ZS
Emil Bohme, ZS1XB and 9G5ZS, became a patron on 2 Oct 2017. Thanks Emil!
John W. Peterson, KD2ODE
John W. Peterson,KD2ODE became a patron on 15 Dec 2017. Thanks, John!
Corey Sheldon, WA1EM
Corey Sheldon, WA1EM became a patron on 9 Dec 2018. Thanks Corey!
David Hoskin became a patron on 7 Nov 2018. Thanks David! David writes, “My call sign used to be WB7DWF in the early 70’s, and I am getting back into the hobby – your videos have really helped me get caught up with the world of Ham Radio. Planning to get my ticket again soon (girls and cars seemed more important than ham radio all of a sudden when I was a teenager…). Not sure if I will be get that call sign again, or if I will try to get the one I always wanted: WB7DSH (my initials). Thanks again for taking the time to produce these videos, and I hope be able to support your efforts again soon.”
David Whiteside, N9BSA
David Whiteside, N9BSA became a patron on 13 July 2018. Thanks David!
James Cady, N8JVC
James Cady, N8JVC, became a patron on 18 Sep 2018. Thanks James!
James Self became a patron on 20 Oct 2018. Thanks James!
Jim Maloney became a patron on 20 Aug 2018. Thanks Jim!
Jim Record, AD0YO
Jim Record, AD0YO, became a patron on 7 Apr 2018. Thanks Jim!
Joe & Alex Van Orsdol, KE0STP
Joe & Alex Van Orsdol, KE0STP became a patron on 4 Aug 2018. Thanks Joe & Alex!
John Christensen, KI7UXS
John Christensen, KI7UXS, became a patron on 19 July 2018. Thanks John!
John Pancoast, K2WT
John Pancoast, K2WT, became a patron on 24 Mar 2018. Thanks John!
Joseph Ducar, KJ4QFV
Joseph Ducar, KJ4QFV became a patron on 26 Aug 2018. Thanks John!
James G. Smith, K5GTE
James G. Smith, K5GTE became a patron on 6 July 2018. Thanks K5GTE!
Larry Weed, KI5ACA
Larry Weed, KI5ACA became a patron on 15 Dec 2018. Thanks Larry!
Phil Krug became a patron on 13 Dec 2018. Thanks Phil!
Richard Weiss, N4FKH
Richard Weiss, N4FKH became a patron on 25 Dec 2018. Thanks Richard!
Rodney Everage, KE0PHS
Rodney Everage, KE0PHS became a patron on 11 Feb 2018. Thanks Rodney!
Roland Smith, K7OJL
Roland Smith, K7OJL, became a patron on 2 May 2018. Thanks Roland!
Scott Palluth, K9SPP
Scott Palluth, K9SPP became a patron on 21 Nov 2018. Thanks Scott!
Steven Lawhon, KC3FRJ
Steven Lawhon, KC3FRJ became a patron on 20 Jun 2018. Thanks Steven!
Stuart Hall, KD9LFW
Stuart Hall, KD9LFW, became a patron on 26 Jun 2018. Thanks Stuart!
Terry L. Morris, KB8AMZ
Terry L. Morris, KB8AMZ, became a patron on 30 Mar 2018. Thanks Terry!
William A. Rossbach, KE8JUU
William A. Rossbach, KE8JUU became a patron on 31 July 2018. Thanks William!
Roger Anderson, KE0QNZ
Roger Anderson, KE0QNZ, became a patron on 29 Dec 2018. Thanks Roger!
Michael Allen Wilson
Michael Allen Wilson became a patron on 2 Jan 2019. Thanks Michael!
Robert Singleton, N5HRK
Robert Singleton, N5HRK, became a patron on 5 Jan 2019. Thanks Robert!
Richard Nesbitt, N9MO
Rich Nesbitt, N9MO, became a patron on 7 Jan 2019. Thanks Richard! Rich says, “I got my Technician License while stationed with the Air Force in New York, prior to leaving the military. I used the address for my wife’s parent in Illinois as my home address on my initial application and my initial callsign was N9WPH. I passed 5-WPM code test and upgraded to Tech Plus. When the FCC eliminated the code requirement, I upgraded to General so I could work more HF. I upgraded to Extra at Grayslake Hamfest, IL in 2001. I changed to a vanity call, N9MO. My application for a vanity call in 2001 got lost during the Postal System Anthrax scare of 2001 and I did not get the callsign N9MO until 2002. I currently use an Icom 746 in the house and an Icom 706 mk2g in the car. I like working PSK31. I am the treasurer for the local radio club MAARS / AA9US. You can find the club on Facebook. Thanks for making and posting the YouTube clips.”
Brian Richwine, K9BLR
Brian Richwine, K9BLR, became a patron on 7 Feb 2019. Thanks Brian!
Patrons at the $4/month level
- Dale Merkey, NO3J, became a patron on 2 Mar 2018. Thanks Dale!
- Alan Bush, KJ7BFC, became a patron on 15 March 2019. Thanks Alan!
Patrons at the $3/month level
- Jack Moerman, PA3EKI became a patron on 1 Sep 2018. Thanks Jack!
- Josh King, KI4BHG became a patron on 27 July 2018. Thanks Josh!
- Jacob Mariam is studying for his Technician exam and became a patron on 14 March 2019. Thanks, Jacob!
Patrons at the $2/month level
- Paul Little, KI5DGN, became a $2.08/month patron on 24 March 2019. Thanks, Paul!
- Jon E. Whitney, WJ2E, became a patron on 12 April 2019. Thanks, Jon!
- Bill Lynch, KC8ISN, became a patron on 19 March 2019. Thanks, Bill!
- Jon Moon, KC3KWZ, became a patron on 16 March 2019. Thanks, Jon!
- Mark E. Johnston, AF6DW, became a patron on 13 Mar 2019. Thanks, Mark!
- Chris Ebert, KB2ICN, became a patron on 12 March 2019. Thanks, Chris!
- David S. Burkett became a patron on 8 Jan 2019. Thanks David!
- Matt Hinds became a patron on 30 Jun 2018. Thanks Matt!
- Grigory Semenov became a patron on 8 July 2017. Thanks Grigory!
- Seer Snively, KM6MWO, became a patron on 5 Oct 2017. Thanks Seer!
- Matthew Perry became a patron on 12 Fed 2018. Thanks Matthew!
- Matthew Beauchesne, N1MJB, became a patron on 6 Sep 2018. Thanks Matthew!
- Bill Burgner became a patron on 11 Feb 2018. Thanks Bill!
- Mark Hamann, KI7BDA, becamea patron on 24 Jan 2018. Thanks Mark!
- Luke Purdy, N5LXN, became a patron on 17 Jan 2018. Thanks Luke!
- Mark Brewer, VK2MTB, became a patron on 11 Nov 2018. Thanks Mark!
- Andrew Behesnilian, N0AXB, became a patron on 27 Dec 2018. Thanks Andrew!
- Baset, AP2FLY, became a patron on 11 Jun 2018. Thanks Baset!
- Carey Newsome, KL4RS, became a patron on 1 Aug 2018. Thanks Carey!
- Clyde Hoadley, KB0AMJ, became a patron on 19 Sep 2018. Thanks Clyde!
- Craig A Bianchini, N4CAB, became a patron on 8 Dec 2018. Thanks Craig!
- David Brubaker, KN4DMH, became a patron on 20 July 2018. Thanks David!
- Donald Miller, W8JSU, became a patron on 7 Sep 2018. Thanks Donald!
- Graeme Koch, VK3PGK, became a patron on 31 Aug 2018. Thanks Graeme!
- Gret Ker became a patron on 17 Dec 2018. Thanks Gret!
- Gwen Patton, NG3P, became a patron on 11 Nov 2018. Thanks Gwen!
- Itchy Cherry Reagan, KG5WBV, became a patron on 2 Nov 2018. Thanks Itchy!
- Jeff became a patron on 18 Jun 2018. Thanks Jeff!
- John Gilbert became a patron on 13 Sep 2017. Thanks John!
- Juan Perez, KX4FJ, became a patron on 17 Aug 2018. Thanks Juan!
- Kerry Kirk, KM4APC, became a patron on 8 Jun 2018. Thanks Kerry!
- Kyle became a patron on 2 July 2018. Thanks Kyle!
- Kyle Snavely, KD0IVC, became a patron on 26 July 2018. Thanks Kyle!
- Luis Uribe, KD0FKI, became a patron on 8 Nov 2018. Thanks Luis!
- Mike Robertson, KN4AUU, became a patron on 18 Nov 2018. Thanks Mike!
- Nick Siemsen became a patron on 1 May 2018. Thanks Nick!
- Paul Daly, KK6GYW, became a patron on 19 Mar 2018. Thanks Paul!
- Peter Weston, 2EØDED, became a patron on 2 May 2018. Thanks Peter!
- Randy Cox, KD9LAD, became a patron on 29 Nov 2018. Thanks Randy!
- Raymond, KC0VSX, became a patron on 7 Apr 2018. Thanks Raymond!
- Rich R,KC3KXG, became a patron on 16 Aug 2018. Thanks Rich!
- Rick Meehan, KE5VIA, became a patron on 20 Aug 2018. Thanks Rick!
- S McGlynn became a patron on 24 Mar 2018. Thanks S McGlynn!
- Sam Machuga, KD9LOY, became a patron on 4 Sep 2018. Thanks Sam!
- Stephen Dowler, K0HAY, became a patron on 17 Dec 2018. Thanks Stephen!
- Stephen Leidenheimer, KE8SBR, became a patron on 16 Jun 2018. Thanks Stephen!
- Sven-Oerjan Larsson, DF1GRA, became a patron on 24 Jun 2018. Thanks Sven!
- Ted Talbert, KI5AZX, became a patron on 30 Jun 2018. Thanks Ted!
- Raymond became a patron on 8 Jan 2019. Thanks Raymond!
- Laura Tunnell, became a patron, Thanks, Laura!
Patrons at the $1/month level
- Eric Calder became a patron on 22 March 2019. Thanks, Eric!
- David Garcia, KD2BNT, became a patron on 17 March 2019. Thanks David!
- Jon Gretar Borgthorsson, TF5LT, became a patron on 9 Feb 2018. Thanks Jon!
- Daniel Bartholomew, AG4DB, became a patron on 12 Apr 2018. Thanks Daniel!
- Rolando Picardo Hernaldo, N4ACE, became a patron on 24 Oct 2018. Thanks Matt!