The Montrose Amateur Radio Club (MARC) President Bill Bear, KCØQXX, has asked me to help popularize fox hunting within our club, which covers a huge chunk of Western Colorado. I’ve posted blog entries (articles) on this site, plus I’ve been inundated with links. I’m including those links here not because I think this is a complete list, but because they may be of interest. Please note that I do not endorse any of the links unless so mentioned. If you know of other links, please use the comment form below. Thanks!
My fox hunting blog entries
Listed most recent first.
- Byonics PicCon Fox Controller
- My Fantastic Fox Finder, constructed from a circuit developed by Dave Sharpe, KIØHG
Fox hunting links
These are here for your interest—I don’t endorse any particular one. You will quickly see that there are probably more opinions on fox hunting than there are fox hunters! These links are in no particular order.
- 4 MHz Offset Fox Hunt Attenuator. From Arrow Antennas, this device shifts the incoming frequency by 4 MHz to enable better close-in hunting.
- Radio direction finder kit of the so-called “doppler” variety, made by KN2C. (Advertisement on page 130 of May, 2011, QST—I know nothing more)
- Integrated transmitter for fox hunting. Article on page 33 of May, 2011, QST. Article itself has some further links for those interested in this kit.
- Homing In, a website devoted to fox hunting. Lots and lots of stuff, though you’ll have to poke around a bit to see how it’s organized. Lots of pictures and further links. While on the site, look at Joe Moell’s book Transmitter Hunting: Radio Direction Finding Simplified.
- Fox hunting video, 2006 USA ARDF Championships: International Style Amateur Radio Direction Finding, from Amateur Radio Video News
Nya rävsändaren ”Mickelina” testad vid en första jakt vid Oxsjön
Publicerat [Google translates as New fox transmitter “Mike Lina” tested at a first hunting at Oxsjön
Published] 28 april, 2015
NEW FOXTX “Mickelina”(MICKEL RÄV) = THE FOX – Tested at a hunt at Oxsjön
Published 28 April 2015
http://www.pejla.se. and http://www.svenskalag.se/grj
This Due to YOUR ITEM “HIDDEN” TX” – Directionfinding!
“HACKED FROM SSA.SE”
Have a Very Nice Midsummer!
Very best 73 de Gunnar sm6oer
Poetgatan 22 Flat 1102
S-42255 HISINGS BACKA
Tel +46 31 581447
Fax +46 31 581447
MAIDENHEAD LOCATOR: JO57XR (JO57TW sommer cottage)
I use:Modes SSB/FM //D-STAR On a lot of Bands *)//
QRG NOT ON 160M BAND! HAVE NOT A GOOD ANTENNA FOR THAT!
23CM 1240-1300MHz (Rep IN 1291.150MHz OUT1297.150 MHz)