Click on these links for Dave’s books and videos:
- My Home Page for “My Southwestern Colorado,” click here
- My Ham Radio Home Page, click here
- My author page at Amazon, click here. I have several sci-fi/fanatasy books in print and on Kindle.
- My YouTube channel, click here. Be sure to subscribe!
- My publishing website, Mt. Sneffels Press, click here. You can order hardcopies of Dave’s books from Mt. Sneffels Press as well as books from the Ridgway Railroad Museum and the Ouray County Historical Society.
- My profile page at ACX, an Amazon company that matches up those who read audio books (that’s me) with authors, click here. My first audiobook production is online, Santa Cruz Island: A History of Conflict and Diversity, which you can find here. If you are interested in listening to it and reviewing it, I have some free copies. Contact me using the form below.
Mission of this site. To share information about ham radio, including providing training, and to describe the local scenic beauties. You can learn much more about this site at the Welcome Page.
About me—my CV. I’m Dave Casler. I lived most of my youth in the Los Angeles area. I went to school at Crescenta Valley High School in La Crescenta, CA, and graduated in 1969. I attended UCLA from 1969 to 1971, then went on a two-year proselyting (religious) mission in the Philippines for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon). After that I went to BYU, where I got my ham radio Novice license as well as my Bachelor of Science in Mathematics in 1975. I was commissioned as an Air Force officer upon graduation.
While waiting for my Air Force assignment, I upgraded my ham radio license first to General and then to Advanced. I served in the USAF from 1976 to 1980. I received my Masters in Engineering from CSUN in 1974. Since I left the Air Force, I’ve worked for Northrop and IBM in Southern California, then IBM, Loral, Lockheed, and then IBM again in Boulder, Colorado, all as a Systems Engineer; I retired in 2013, having worked from home here in Ridgway since 2003. I currently hold Amateur Extra callsign KEØOG.
My wife is an artist and teacher; her website can be found at www.aldea-art.com. We’ve been empty-nesters since 2003. My wife’s ham callsign is KBØVWW.
Contact me. Please use this form to contact me directly. Or, better yet, comment directly on the page or post that most interests you, or directly on YouTube where all the videos are actually located. I see all the comments and will attempt to reply where I can.
This page is now closed to comments. Please comment directly on the page that interests you, or use the form above. Thanks!