Just for kicks, I tried out the new “default” theme that WordPress provides. I thought it had some interesting possibilities, so I set about tweaking it to make it behave. To change the generic picture in the header, I had to upload one of mine and rename it to look like one of theirs (it’s now fern.jpg and doesn’t look anything like a fern) so the system would take it.
The big thing I didn’t like about 2010 is the size of the fonts used for posts and pages. I scoured the various style sheets and found that tweaking line 466 of style.css, which is found in the 2010 theme directory, did the trick. Here’s the old value:
font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px. The new values are
font-size: 14px; line-height: 2opx. That brought the font down to something reasonable.
Let me know if you like (or dislike) the new site theme by commenting below.